How do you use the library to find high quality sources of information for your Speech 101 research assignments?
Student Learning Outcomes
This tutorial will help you develop information competency skills, defined as the ability to:
- Develop effective research strategies.
- Locate, retrieve, evaluate, and use information ethically and legally.
More information about the Information Competency General Education requirement at Ohlone College is available on the Library's web site.
Introduction to Research Resources for Speech 101
Table of Contents
1. How to Begin
2. Reference Sources
3. Books (Print & Electronic)
4. Periodicals: Newspapers, Magazines, Journals & Databases
4-b. Academic Search Complete
5. Web Sources
5-a. Reliable Web Sources
6. Citing Sources
7. Additional Research Resources
When you complete this tutorial, test your understanding:
- take the Information Competency Quiz within your Blackboard course
- complete the Research Practice exercise.
|Click here for Step 1: How to Begin|